Taj Tandoor.

For our 20 million and something month anniversary Muffin and I had dinner at Taj Tandoor on Rundle st.


We arrived and who we assumed was the owner told us to sit at one table while she got our table set. Yet the restaurant was almost empty and we had made a booking? Odd. So we sat down (at the table that wasn't ours!) and as soon as we did she came scurrying up and told us it was now ready! A strange situation. We then thought there must have been some kind of mistake or something, but it turns out that's their system, as every table which came in received the same treatment. I'm not down. And apparently not everyone was, as one couple walked out in confusion/frustration.

NOW. with that said. The food was quite delish. I ordered the pakoras for my entree, and that baby was huge and came with mint chutney. The menu said 3 pieces but it was definitely more like 7! Alas, Muffin finished them for me.


(apologies for my very red photographs, the lighting scheme was not my friend)


My main was Malai Kofta. I thought the sultanas may have been overpowering - but they were not. It was super mild but super tasty too. On the side we had eggplant raita, which wasn't very nice at all. I think what's lovely about raita is the fresh cucumber taste, so this one was a bad choice. We inquired about the size of the naan serves and the waitress definitely fibbed us into ordering a whole extra serve we didn't need! We ended up with about 3 ft of naan between us and I must say I rolled out of that baby desiring some cool grass to lay on and small sips of water.


All in all it was a very nice restaurant, our meals came out fast and were quite tasty, yet it was quite expensive. With that said, the vibe in this place was nothing short of hectic. It really wasn't busy at all and yet the waitresses were running all over the shop screeching at each other in a differen language. In a way, when you can't understand what they're saying, the tone makes it sound about a million times worse than it probably is. If they had learned to calm the freak down, this would have been a delightful dinner!

Dinner was followed with a movie. Micmacs! The newest film from Jean-Pierre Jeunet and it was just adorably quirktastic! Muffin decided it was one of the best movies he has seen in a long time. And I agree. I just love the little things that are so obviously Jeunet and nobody else. Lalalovely!


Taj Tandoor
290 Rundle St
Adelaide SA 5000
(08) 8359 2066 



Taj Tandoor on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. We've had the same experience with the service at the Taj Tandoor and, to be honest, it's put us off going back. I just can't be bothered with that kind of chaos (plus out entrees were dead tough last time we were there!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts