Thanks-mas ideas and hot weather food.

I am thankful for American Thanksgiving and the fact that it is right around the corner from Christmas! Not because we celebrate Thanksgiving down in little old oz, but because it gives me great meal ideas for Christmas lunch :D

So far I’ve been spoilt for choice! It all began with VegNews’ amazing list of Thanksgiving blog posts and from there the hunt was on! 

My belly is thinking C’est La Vegans Holiday nut roast. I’ve had a bad experience with nut roast.. my mumma made one one year and it was godddddddddd awful. Hilarious at the time because she had put so much effort into it and we all tried to smile past the mouthfuls but soon we cracked and all laughed about how terrible it tasted! (Note: Not her fault – just a bad recipe!)

Bianca over at Vegan Crunk put up a delicious array of choices and made me wish I could get a tofurky here.. Can I?! I’ve never seen them and the website has no Australian listing..

And the stuffed cornbread stuffing over at Vegan Latina actually made my mouth water. I whole heartedly love me some pumpkin so I would make this dish every month of the year! 

But to be honest, my crown of all Thanksgiving/Christmas menu ideas MOST DEFINITELY has to go to The Ordinary Vegetarian (which is actually anything BUT ordinary).  OHMYGOODNESS would I want to go to that dinner party. What a spread! So much choice! And the thing that makes her a winner… the choices of 4 pies of course!

Please oh pretty please won’t you link me to your favourite Thanksgiving/Christmas ideas?

I really want to find a great “meat” kind of main dish to make for myself amongst other things :D

Back to me now! This week we have seen some crazy weather, from 36 degrees to 20 and pouring with rain – and everything in between. Needless to say I almost passed out at the start of this week because my body was confused as to what the HELL was going on! 

So one night we had the most perfect hot weather food for dinner!


 A vegie pattie, a vegie snossage, salad, coleslaw and fresh corn from the cob. Deeeeeeeeelish! Super easy to whip up and no need to heat the house up with pots, pans or an oven for very long :D Nom nom nom.



Comments

  1. Oh, it's too bad you can't get Tofurkey. I tried one for the first time this year and it was delicious! I'm sure you can make or purchase something equally tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts