Spicy Noodly Salad.


What should you eat when you're watching back to back NHL play off games?
Noodles.

What should you eat when your boyfriend tests you on the names of the teams in the play offs and you continuously get them wrong?
Noodles.

What team is going to win the play offs?
Why, Pittsburgh Penguins of course. I mean.. they're the penguins. 

And who doesn't love penguins?

The other day we saw a Calgary Flames player in Safeway and almost yelled out "GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAY OFFSOHHHHHHHSORRYYYY"
- but instead we lolld at the idea and walked away.

I clearly have nothing much to say.
This salad is delicious.
Spicy!
Noodly!
Simple!
Spicy!
(did I say that already?)



Ohhhh, just make it already. 

pretty colours! 


 sauce city!


Spicy Noodly Salad

spaghetti for 2 (approx 200 grams/8oz uncooked)
2 spring onions, sliced finely
1/2 cup matchstick cucumber
1/2 cup matchstick zucchini
1/2 cup matchstick carrot
1/2 cup matchstick celery
1 birdseye chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped or ripped
1 Tablespoon grated ginger
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

2 Tablespoons red vinegar
2 Tablespoons chinkiang vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon 'savor' maggi seasoning
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons angry nana chilli sauce
1 teaspoon black bean garlic sauce
some (!) drops sesame oil

Cook spaghetti to packet instructions.
Drain cooked spaghetti and submerge in ice water until cooled.
In a small bowl, mix together all sauces and stir. Taste and season according to your liking (bearing in mind it will mellow out in the noodles).
In a big bowl, add all vegetables, noodles and sauce mix. Toss to combine.
Taste again and adjust seasoning if necessary.
(I added more vinegar. Because I think I am obsessed.)



It's pretty good. 

Comments

  1. Aah, it looks so tasty! Very healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm! Have to try it. Have you had reimen? re-men. Like raamen but cold and in a salad similar to this but japanese sauces. I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joel, I think I had something similar to that when I was in Vietnam.. is the broth cold too though?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts